- Number of credits10
- Teaching semester2023 Autumn
- Language of instructionEnglish
- Required prerequisite knowledge
The thesis in English is an independent research paper. The thesis must be written in conjunction with at least one of the two other English courses offered as part of the 200-level English course, or an equivalent. Any equivalent must receive advance approval from the Head of Studies and/or supervisor(s).
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- has a broad knowledge of the subject matter of his or her thesis
- has knowledge of relevant sources and methods
- can perform a shorter research-based study
- can analyze data critically and independently
- can present his or her findings in appropriate academic language
- has insight into relevant academic and professional ethic issues
- can plan and carry out an assignments over a four month period of time in accordance with ethical requirements and principles
- can communicate in writing important academic subject matters such as theories, problems and solutions
Students will attend thesis seminars as part of the thesis planning and writing process. The thesis topic must be approved prior to writing. Each student will be assigned to a supervisor on the basis of their chosen topic. Thesis writing is process writing, and the student should be prepared to present or hand in at least one draft version for comments and feedback before submitting the final version. The thesis should be between 6500 and 7000 words + reference list, and must be written in English.
- The topic(s) of the thesis must have been approved by supervisor(s)
- The student is required to have submitted one or more drafts of the thesis within stipulated dates by the supervisor(s)
- The student must attend meetings with the supervisor
Individual thesis (6500-7000 words + reference list) written in English.
The thesis will be graded on a scale from A to F. A is the highest pass grade and E is the lowest pass grade. Both language skills and content must satisfy minimum requirements in order for the candidate to obtain a pass grade.
|Form of assessment
|Duration of assessment
ECTS - A-F